Thursday, July 26, 2012

Tasty Dish: Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti


Last Friday night I finally used my Spaghetti Squash to make some spaghetti noodles. 

The verdict: It was DELICIOUS! 

How to make:


Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti Noodles
- Take your squash and poke holes into it.  I used a skewer and poked about 10 holes in each side.
- Microwave the squash for 4-5 minutes and then flip it over and microwave it for another 4-5 minutes.
- Cut the squash in half and scrape out the seeds.
-Take fork and scrape the insides of the squash, this should come out looking like little noodles.

Spaghetti Sauce
-Brown 1 lb. ground hamburger or turkey.  I used turkey because it leaner and I could have more of it.
-Combine hamburger and a can of whole tomatoes in a pot. 
-Add a small can of tomato paste.
-Mash the whole tomatoes in the sauce.
-Add water as needed for desired consistency of sauce. (won't always need water)
-Add oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. (and any other spices you might like) 
-Simmer on low for at least 30 minutes. (I like to simmer for as long as possible, up to 2 hours)

I love making my own spaghetti sauce because you can make sure there isn't any added sugar, although- when not on plan I do like to add a little sugar to the recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment