Thursday, July 26, 2012

Tasty Dish: Baked Cauliflower Florets


I saw a recipe for baked cauliflower florets somewhere.  I can't remember if it was on someone elses blog, or pinterest.  But, last night I was determined re-create it for my 'green'.

They were so yummy!  The lady who orginally posted the recipe (I wish I could remember where I found it so that I could give her credit!), said they tasted a lot like french fries.  And I agree.  Sure, they still have that cauliflower-y taste, but they were scrumptious!

How to make:

-Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Break up a head of cauliflower, cut off as much of the stem as you can, and cut/break them into bite sized pieces.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, salt, and pepper. (you could also use other spices to make them taste differently)
- Coat the cauliflower pieces in the oil mixture and place on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, turning the pieces about 3 times during that hour so that they are brown and crispy on each side.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment