Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Oh how it'd be to go at least a whole MONTH without getting sick!

Wishful thinking?

At least this time it wasn't the pukeys...

I came down Saturday afternoon with a scratchy throat and was extremely exhausted.  On Sunday I felt worse and slept pretty much most of the day.  I stayed on plan, but all I wanted was some comfort food that Medifast wasn't going to provide.

Monday morning I got up for work and hopped in the shower and just couldn't stop coughing or really keep my eyes open.  And I had no energy to really wash myself.  It was time to admit that I caught a bug.  Bummer.

I tried my hardest to just stick to Medifast and not go off plan, but my body was so weak and I felt so awful and was craving comfort food so bad. 

I ended up giving in on Monday evening and yesterday.  But hey!  I am back to work again today and back on plan!

Sometimes you can't be perfect all the time.  Sometimes you do have to listen to your body.  My body was telling me I needed something to help me get better, and it worked.

I decided not to get mad at myself for going off plan, as long as I jumped right back on when I felt better.

However, I felt soooooo icky eating foods that I haven't eaten in a month!  Last night I was dying trying to sleep.  I was sooooo uncomfortable!!  Processed foods, high carbohydrates, and dairy are obviously not good for you for a reason.

I am happy to be back on plan and am going to kick it into high gear as I did when I first began.  Making sure I weigh EVERYTHING I eat for my L&G and keeping an eye on my snacks and condiments.

Also, next week (once I get my body used to being back on Medifast full-time) I will begin an exercise plan.  Of course I plan to start very slow... But, I'm hoping it'll help!

By the way... Yesterday was the start of 4 weeks on this plan!  I'm so happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment