Saturday, August 25, 2012

My Saint Geezy end of Summer VACAY


This past weekend Mike and I decided that we needed a weekend getaway.

We were tossing around ideas, there was Pocatello, Idaho Falls, Lava Hot Springs, Jackson Hole, Moab, Grand Junction, Vegas, and St. George.

Luckily Mike's co-worker owns a few Condo's in St. George and was able to rent us one for a cheap price for the whole weekend.  Like, a REALLY cheap price!!

We left shortly after we got off work on Friday and made just a few stops along our way.  The first was in Payson to see my Bailee and surprise her with a back-to-school gift and an I'm-sorry-we're-not-taking-you-with-us gift.

This will be my Goo's second concert.  And I am more than thrilled to spend it with her!!

After visiting with the Bug, we headed on towards the Geezy.

It was a fun road trip.  We giggled, listened to the radio, and then to my iPod (not Mike's choice...)...

Our stop before St. Geez was in in the Beav.  I have, for the past 8ish years wanted an 'I Love Beaver' T-Shirt...and a pic of me in the big, ole, Beaver rocking chair.  My dreams were fulfilled!!




We finally hit St. George at around 11pm.  Because we were in a different condo than the last time, I took pictures of the whole place.  But, for some reason my photo editor won't let me rotate and edit them tonight, so I give up...

However- here are some other fun little pictures!  The first is the AWESOME pool!



This next one I absolutely LOVE.  It was a total candid moment.  I can't stand still when anyone touches my neck.  Mike knows this and rarely ever kisses me there.  I was standing there with him getting ready to take a pic and he attacked my neck.... You can already see it was making me Giggle out of control... but, I have to admit, I did need to do a little ass kicking afterwards!  My neck is OFF LIMITS!  (unless.....oh, nevermind...haha)






Here is the pic we took AFTER the neck attack.  Geez, I sure love this sexy piece of man meat!!



And here is me giving him "loving" kisses. ;)

We sure love each other so very much.  I completely agree that we were made just for each other.

The next day I met up with my old High School Buddy and we got Pedicure, went shopping, and went to lunch.  I loved every minute of seeing her and catching up.



The worst thing about this pedicure is that they SUCKED!  $30 for a pedi where your polish chips after a day and your feet don't end up smooth and soft.... yeah (sorry for the language) that's fucked up. I'm sorry Ivy, this was your first Pedi... come to SLC and I'll take you to an amazing place that charges less than $30 and your feet are soft for weeks, and the polish doesn't chip unless your nails grow out or you chip your nail yourself!

For lunch we went to:

It was mediocre at best, but of course the Cheddar Biscuits were to die for!!!

After our lunch and little shopping spree at Target (I needed a new swim suit and of course some cute dresses haha) we went our separate ways and I went back to our Condo with my Lover.  The next group of pictures is of me FRIED after the vacay, Mike and I in the condo before swimming, Ivy and my tootsies, and me floating on a swim raft.




There was also a LOT of Margarita drinking...which, I know, I should have paced myself.  But, I was on Vacay!  For the first time in a long time without Bailee!!  So, please don't judge. :)



We laid by the pool pretty much every waking second.  It was so amazing!  It brought me back to my natural roots where I loved summer, the water, and the sun.  




I don't think most of you know, but I was a crazy swimmer from about 2.  I started on the swim team at an early age (4, I believe) and did amazing.  I had mad, crazy, blue ribbons for being so super awesome and fast!  My Uncle, Shane, was my best friend and my most amazing supporter/team member/partner during these times.  (I still and always will consider him my big brother).  Anyways, because of my old swimming roots, I was drawn to the pool this entire trip.  

Frying my legs...



I took the temp picture at about 9am.... while we were at the pool it was over 100.




And I paid for it.  I haven't gotten this much sun since about 2002 (pre-Bee)



The top picture is of me at 3am after we got home from our vacay...you can see some of my ouchiness from my sunburn.  The other pic is of course a fun little picture of my Mr and I at the pool.

Here are a few more fun pictures from our stay at the Condo...



Me, cheesing it up!




Floatin' .... I could do this for HOURS!!



My handsome, soon to be (hopefully sooner than later) hubby



At this point I was bored and was just snapping away!!



I am not lying.  I am fried!  Still! :(


On Sunday on our way home I really wanted to stop and visit my Grandparents 'resting' place.  I haven't been there yet and I have been aching to sit and just talk to them.  So, we stopped by the Hurricane Cemetery and found their plots.  I put my blanket down, planted some gorgeous daisies for Grandma, and placed a handful of Pine Nuts for Grandpa.  And then I broke down.  I cried for so long.  I talked to them about how horrible I feel for not being the best grandchild and visiting or calling more, I cried because I don't feel like I got enough time with them...for example, my grandma died at 62.  It was such an emotional reunion, but I felt them right next to me holding me tight and letting me know in their own way that I am special.  I really can't wait to visit them many times a year.  I haven't lost anyone close to me besides the two of them.  So, just sitting there and crying and talking to them helps so much!  I also can't wait to take Bailee there and let her talk to them.  To end this post I am going to add some photos I took while chatting with my grandparents.











I miss them so very much.  And I hate myself daily for not being the 'perfect' granddaughter that I could have been.  It's also not easy having a family member make you feel like crap, when you already feel awful.

I miss having a connection with my family.  Things have changed so much over the years and I am saddened that we have all grown so far apart that we're afraid to call each other just to check in.  Maybe it is just a part of getting older.  But, I am not close at all with my family.  And it kills me every day.  I went through such a crazy spell after my divorce with Eric, and I have lost soooo many people who were so important to me.  
How do I fix it??  I've tried calling, texting, fbing.... Ugh, I give up.  I'm not who I was a year or two ago.  I have GROWN so much in the past six months.
I guess I know who my real friends are now.  And the sad thing, it's not very many.  I would've stuck by you when or if you went crazy for a short amount of time.

Either way-  I have Mike.  I have Bailee.  And I have Eric.  And to be honest... I am HAPPIER than I've been in years!!  Betcha' can't say that without a lie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment