Thursday, June 21, 2012

This is not your average Diet

Welcome to my new side blog.

I started a new diet recently and want to track my progress on here.

Now, unfortunately, I am way too ashamed to share my beginning weight at this time. But, I plan to share my success, and eventually I will reveal my start weight. (once I feel more comfortable)

I was introduced to Take Shape For Life back about 5 months ago (if only I'd had started then!). I didn't have the money to start up with this diet at the time, so I sat aside and continued with my own efforts.

Now, I had gained about 25lbs in a matter of weeks shortly after our Disney Vacation in February. That weight was 99% water. My legs, arms, face, practically my whole body had swollen. I caught a bad cold on our way to Cali and it just consumed me in water weight. However, it was not that easy to lose. Thankfully I lost that 25 lbs before I started TSFL.

My first time starting this diet was on May 7th. I did awesomely and lost 8 lbs within the first week. But then I got sick on Mother's Day. I quit the diet after 2 1/2 days of constant sickness.

I was able to maintain about 5 of those 8lbs lost and started up again on May 30th. Two days later, I ended up sick with a horrible flu.

By this time I was starting to wonder if this was a coincidence. I had come down with the 'barfs' 2 times in a matter of just a couple weeks! I was scared to start again, fearing I was allergic to some ingredient in the medifast meals.

On Tuesday, June 19, I decided to give it another honest shot. I may only be at 3 days...but I am feeling a lot better than I was the last 2 times I tried. So, hopefully it was all a fluke and I can continue on this journey.

Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment